View Profile SomeTinyCritter

All 7 Movie Reviews

5 w/ Responses

Ooh nice! I like how you're using effects to express Indigo's emotions ^^

9Hammer responds:

Thanks! It's kind of a different artistic approach from what I usually do (?), but I enjoy throwing some of those in there, hah.

I'm giving this 5 stars because honestly, this is your best work!! Your animations just keep getting better and better with each new release!

I've only got one VERY minor nitpick for this one as it doesn't take away much at all, but the first wide shot made the character look very sketched/stick figure-esque. Some other shots had very sketchy lines too, but I would say they added more action and style to the scene because of the quick movement ^^ I look forward to your next animation release! Keep up the excellent work, Nine!!

9Hammer responds:

Thanks, and true that! It could've been the result of a slight time crunch, but that's something I'll do my best to circumvent. (I definitely don't want to make it look like I rushed things.) Glad that you're interested in this too!

I love your backgrounds and animation - and the voice acting is on-point!

Keep practicing with audio ^^ I can't comment much on it since I don't know much about audio mixing, but I've heard adding minor sound effects like clothes moving when a character moves and distant (almost indecipherable) conversation to crowds like in the marketplace at the end really help bring more life to the overall scene without interfering with character dialogue.

9Hammer responds:

Much appreciated, and it's all good. Seems that the audio bits are a universal thing that needs fixing, so I think that focusing more on that aspect more in post-production. The sentiments are appreciated nonetheless!

This was a really nice loop, Gem! Just letting you know you can upload animated GIFs to the Art portal. I reckon you should post the version you did on Twitter with the background, I thought it made it look nicer ^^

wistfulgem responds:

Thanks Steph! Not sure if this is a smaller file or the one I posted on Twitter, but I think I'll leave this one :)

The voice acting, animation and backgrounds are AMAAAZING! This was totally worth the wait and I can see massive improvements from episode 1!

Just one thing: As well done as the voices are, their volume sounds a bit on the low side while the music volume is too high. Just needs a bit of balancing ^^

9Hammer responds:

Thanks, and duly noted! I'm glad that you find it an improvement too. It was my main goal to make this episode a giant step up from the previous one!

Stunning to look at and fun to watch! Top work!!

Perfection! I love your style, I love the cheerful tone, I love your song!!

I am an illustrator who specialises in freelance illustration and online branding.

Age 26